Baby Van Gogh
Baby Van Gogh is the fifth video in the Baby Einstein Series which was released on August 14, 2000, a year before Clock Day. Hosted by Vincent Van Goat, it introduces the six primary colors, yellow, green, orange, purple, red, & blue. through toys, nature, puppets, poetry, & the art of Vincent Van Gogh. It was later re-released in 2004 with some sketches changed. Some scenes from this video appear in the discovery kit World Of Colors.
World of Color
- Family Home Entertainment Kids Logo (Replaced by Disney trailers)
- Baby Einstein Logo
- Warning Screen
- two animatronic cacti wearing sombreros dance (Cactus Cha Cha, Bill Weisbach)
- Opening titles (Gymnopedie no 1, Erik Satie)
- Static messes up the paint pallate wavy and Broken
- He Arrives and he was covered in paint! He Wrote his paint on a Pallate on the Screen, he turns around left, painted a V. on his pallate, moves around Very back, and puts away his paintbrush, angry at everyone, and walks away! (Left his red V. on the pallate)
Worlds of Colors (Beginning)
- World of Color (Carmen Overture, Georges Bizet) beautiful colorful scenes in nature.
- The Word Yellow Is Seen On The Screen.
- A yellow duck puppet is happily running around in a patch of sunflowers while a yellow poem is being recited.
When yellow sneaks into my day,
I race outside to jump & play,
twirl around in dizzy fun,
And spin under the yellow sun.
- Music video: Yellow (William Tell Overture, Lone Ranger, Giacchino Rossini. Anything Replaced By a Minecraft Torch. <:o) during each music video, Vincent paints a piece of Van Gogh art while visions of the color dance through his head. He Loved The Art Dance & He Walked off!
- Sierra Clark licks a lemon and says yellow.
- Animation Breakdown
Duck goes out to play - Fred Moore
Vincent rushes in, begins - Clyde Geronimi
Toy chicks hop around - Lynn Karp
Pan of sunflower field - George Rowley
Oil drops down from ceiling - Josh Meador
Sierra counts petals, then smells - Milt Kahl
Toy car goes forward, then backward - Ollie Johnston
Fade in on Vincent, still painting - Clyde Geronimi
Toy acrobats appear, one at a time - Bill Justice
Toy dog goes left, then right - John Lounsbery
Bear mobile by Ambi goes around and around - Fred Moore
Aspen and Mia play in and throw streamers - Milt Kahl and Cy Young
Oil continues falling - Josh Meador
Bender Blurz goes around and around - Don Patterson
Gears spin around repeatedly - Ward Kimball
Vincent finishes painting, bows and walks off - Clyde Geronimi
- Two insect finger puppets dance around on the screen.
- A car shape sorter appears, with shapes being placed into it. It then drives away.
- Bonker the turtle bounces a green balloon on his head then runs off when he Plays Vincent. Suddenly, 5 balloons burst one at a time. Each one spells out a letter in the word green when it bursts. Bonker The Turtle is chillin' on The River while a green poem is being recited.
Green slithers in to make me cool,
I'm floating in a still wet pool,
With butterflies that dart and pass,
Surrounded by the glistening grass.
- Music video: Green (Pictures at an Exhibition: Promenade, Mussorgsky)
- A boy (Brad Boller), stacking green blocks, shouts "green!".
- Kids: Madeline Pluto, Macrae Long, and Brad Boller
- An insect finger puppet climbs up and down onto the screen.
- The crank on a jack-in-the-box is turned, causing a jester to pop out.
- Sunny bangs repeatedly on a top hat with a wand 2 times & her brother bach the bunny pops out. She Kisses her brother and he Pops down and she Ran away causing the word orange to appear.
- An orange poem is recited while a happy orange rabbit named sunny jumps through leaves.
I'm orange and happy, brilliant and bright
My spirit soaring like a kite,
I cartwheel through leaves of fall,
They're crunchy orange, they're big and small. Music video: Orange (Blue Danube Waltz, Strauss. Whatever they Replaced By An Orange Gorilla.) Vincent Van Goat Walked Away & They Applauded.
- 3 kids (Gabriel Mazon, Aspen Clark, and Brad Boller) shout, "Orange! Orange! Orange!"
- Kids: Gabriel Mazon, Aspen Clark, and Brad Boller
- An insect finger puppet Slides forward on the screen and he slides out!
- Toy cars race down a ramp And Then...SPLASH!
- Vincent falls in love with a pink goat named Vivian, his girlfriend. he says ooh la la They both walk away Red hearts appear on the screen each 1 popping and spelling out purple.
- The pink goat bowls in The Street while a purple poem is recited.
Purple feels wacky, wild,
Crazy, tricky, mellow, mild,
It makes me want to paint my face,
And kick a ball and run a race.
- Music video Purple (Bolero, Maurice Ravel. This is the way By A Butterfly Replaced.) By the time Vincents painting is half finished asent to be a duck comes in, Hears the Door Close & quacks twice The rest of the painting appeared. And He'd Fell down.
- Two insect puppets Both pop 1 of them out on the screen and they Jump out!
- A toy train appears going along the tracks.
- A red moose puppet who wears a cape is Landing down and being blown around with anything else. The word red is blown into the scene.
When I wake up feeling red
I swoop down from my little bed
Put on a cape. rush out the door
And leap across the scarlet floor
- Music Video Red (Can Can, Jacques Offenbach. A Ball Factory, Replaced in 2010.) Morris Sees Clones off , Looks Around & Vincent is half finished with his painting turns out the light & Goes to bed. The duck Paints the Rest of it, turns the light back on & the painting is finished. He Turned Around, Laughs & Walks Away.
- A girl (Maddison Long) looks at a cone puppet that says "red".
- Kids: Maddison Long
- An insect finger puppet appears on the screen and he is Running away!
- Euro Train set is Going along the Tracks!
- A blue mouse puppet named misty and the word blue appear
- Misty the blue mouse unwillingly drinks from a bowl of blue paint in Her Kitchen while a blue poem is recited
If my feelings turn to blue,
I toss some happy in my stew,
And slurp it up without a spoon,
And gaze out at the milky moon.
- Music video Blue (Waltz No. 15, Lullaby, Johannes Brahms) Vincent paints Starry Night.
- Kids: Brad Boller and Gabriel Mazon
Worlds of Colors (Ending)
- Beautiful Images of nature!
- End montage (Pictures at an Exhibition, Great Gate of Kiev, Mussorgsky)
- Closing credits (1812 Overture, Tchaikovsky)
List of Van Gogh Paintings
- Fourteen Sunflowers in a Vase, National Gallery
- Fishing Boats on the Beach of Saintes-Maries, Van Gogh Museum
- Lane in the Public Gardens at Aries, Kröller-Müller Museum
- Orchards in Blossom with View of Aries, Van Gogh Museum
- Starry Night, Museum of Modern Art
- Wheat Fields with Reaper at Sunrise, Van Gogh Museum
- This is the only episode with an emphasis on colors.
- All of the poems are later seen in the Baby Van Gogh Book
- Misty The Blue Mouse will be seen again in Baby Santa's Music Box, among other Baby Einstein favorites.
- Highlights from Baby Van Gogh, plus additional tracks, are found in the Art Time Classics Concert for Little Ears.
- In the 2002 release onward, the drumming at the beginning of Bolero is different than it is in the 2000 release.
Baby Van Gogh Kids
- Aspen Clark
- Brad Boller
- Brandon Calbart
- Gabriel Mazon
- Macrae Long
- Madeline Pluto
- Maddison Long
- Mia Mattheis
- Sierra Clark
- Vincent Van Goat
- Bonker the Frog
- Orange Rabbit
- Sunny the Bunny
- Vivian Van Goat
- Misty the Mouse
- Red Moose
- Baabra Sheep (In the Credits)